By the numbers: Stats that support the growth in healthcare staffing demand.
November 25, 2014 by Vickie Anenberg
As the saying goes, “numbers don’t lie.” So there’s no arguing that an array of compelling statistics point to continued growth in the healthcare industry. That growth means demand will also increase for healthcare professionals. Will your healthcare facility be ready to meet its healthcare staffing needs?
Cross Country Staffing has long been at the forefront of the healthcare staffing industry, where we can successfully assist healthcare facilities meet their staffing needs with a vast suite of workforce solutions. We closely watch key statistics that indicate trends in the healthcare workforce and the industry at large, such as:
- Staffing Industry Analysts predict that temporary healthcare staffing in the U.S. will increase 5 percent by the end of 2014 and 6 percent in 2015.
- The healthcare industry is expected to grow 2.6 percent annually between now and 2022 – adding 5 million jobs in the process the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports.
- Gallup Poll – Where a recent survey stated that more Americans than ever now have health insurance .
- By 2020, 16 percent of the total U.S. population will be older than 65, the Administration on Aging predicts and the total number of Americans age 60 and older will increase to 341,386,665.
- Medicare is expected to enroll 8.8 million more people by 2016, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- CMS predicts Medicare spending will grow by nearly 8 percent in 2015 and 2016.
Maintaining optimum staffing levels is critical if your healthcare facility is to meet the growing demand for healthcare services. Cross Country Staffing can help fulfill your staffing needs, whether you require permanent placement or temporary staff. Contact us today to learn how we can help you keep ahead of the increased demand for healthcare professionals.